(Effective as of 01/30/2020)
We have adopted these practices to all users of our services and to enable each of us to comply with applicable legal requirements. Use of this site requires district acceptance of the practices outlined in this statement.
We understand that all users of our website and application are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. CritiColl LLC. undertakes to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
FERPA regulations requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website or application.
Protecting your privacy is fundamental to our mission and business. The following summarize our promises to you.
- We never sell your data or student data.
- We don’t own the content you add to CritiColl.
- Student attendance is private to the classroom by default.
- We use the latest security industry best practices to protect you.
- We are transparent about our practices and will notify you if things change.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CritiColl, LLC. may collect personally identifiable information when you sign up on our https://criticoll.com or application as a member. We collect information such as your: First Name, Last Name, Location, and School E-mail Address regarding your use of our application.
We may also collect anonymous site demographic information, which is not unique to you. CritiColl, LLC. encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from our webpage. so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on sites outside of https://criticoll.com.
VERIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personally identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, CritiColl LLC. keeps your personal information only for as long as required by us: To provide you with the services you have requested and to comply with other laws, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities. We will not keep the student data after you instructs us to delete it.
CRITICOLL FERPA POLICY
Certain information regarding students is governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or other laws and agreements concerning privacy and private information. You must not submit any information to the Services regarding another person (e.g. student) that you do not have the legal right to submit.
CritiColl acknowledges that it is designated as a “school official” with “legitimate educational interests” in Your data and associated metadata, as those terms have been defined under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) and its implementing regulations, and CritiColl agrees to abide by the limitations and requirements imposed by 34 CFR 99.33(a) on school officials. CritiColl will use Your data only for the purpose of fulfilling its duties under this agreement and it will not monitor or share such data with or disclose it to any third party except as required by law, or as authorized in writing by You. By way of illustration and not of limitation, CritiColl will not use Your data for its own benefit and, in particular, will not engage in “data mining” of Your data or communications, whether through automated or human means, except as necessary to fulfill its duties under the subscription, as required by law, or authorized in writing by You.
You have the right to consent to disclosure of your personally identifiable information contained in your records. Exceptions under FERPA allow CritiColl to disclose educational records without your prior written consent to:
- School officials with a legitimate educational interest. School officials include any staff, faculty or other person employed by your educational institution or a person or company which your educational institution has outsourced functions that otherwise would be performed by its employees.
- Authorized representatives of the following agencies: U.S. Comptroller General, the U.S. Attorney General, the U.S. Secretary of Education, or State and local educational authorities. Disclosures under this provision may be made in connection with an audit or evaluation or for the enforcement of or compliance with federal legal requirements.
- Officials associated with financial aid for which you have applied or received if the information is deemed necessary to determine eligibility, amount of aid and the conditions of aid, or to enforce terms or conditions of the aid.
- Organizations conducting studies on behalf of your educational institution to develop, validate or administer predictive tests; administer student aid programs; or improve instruction.
- Accrediting organizations to perform accrediting functions.
- Parents of an eligible student if the student is dependent for IRS tax purposes.
- Officials in compliance with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena.
- Appropriate officials in connection with a health or safe emergency.
Requests for access to educational records that do not include directory information or are not an allowable exception require your consent. CritiColl will not change how Your data and other non-public information collected, used, or shared under the terms of this policy without advance notice and your consent.
ANONYMITY AND THIRD PARTY
We may also use aggregated data in our research, product development, and marketing. That are aggregated, non-personally identifiable data (e.g., summary or statistical data) may be shared with third parties. However, we do not use personally identifiable student data to market any products or services directly to students or their parents.
In the event that CritiColl wishes, from time to time, to release aggregated data that identifies your school or school district by name, CritiColl will enter into a separate agreement with you to authorize release and publication.
CritiColl does not utilize third parties to provide products and does not share your student data with any third parties.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you some essential emails. essential emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about Personal Information to our Contact Information [email protected]. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our services, delete your Personal Information or update your Personal Information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The CritiColl Service is hosted and operated in the United States and is subject to United States law. By default, any personal information that you provide to CritiColl will be hosted on servers located in the United States. By using this Service, you consent to the transfer to and processing of your personal information in the United States. We will implement reasonable and appropriate safeguards when collecting student data from you and when storing that student data in our database and you will observe our security safeguards and exercise reasonable caution when using this site.
Specific security safeguards include:
- Only CritiColl employees who are authorized to handle student data are able to access the Data Management System.
- Only authorized users (i.e. Professors or students) on our website and application are permitted to access the system.
- Each authorized user is given a User-ID and Password valid for the duration of the subscription. All user must safeguard their User-ID and Password, and not permit any unauthorized access to student data entered or kept in our system.
- Upon written request by the district, CritiColl will destroy any student data for school who no longer participates in a CritiColl program. CritiColl will provide written verification that the data has been destroyed as requested.
- 60 days following termination of a subscription, CritiColl will delete the data associated with that subscription. Upon request, CritiColl will provide written verification that the data has been destroyed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, anonymized usage data may be retained for internal product improvement.
- CritiColl uses industry standard server and network hardware and software to ensure that data is protected from unauthorized access or disclosure.
Although we make concerted good faith efforts to maintain the security of personal information, and we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our systems, no practices are 100% immune, and we can’t guarantee the security of information. Outages, attacks, human error, system failure, unauthorized use or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. If we learn of a security breach or other unauthorized disclosure of your information, we will attempt to notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps by posting a notice on our homepage or elsewhere in our Service and we will send email to you at the school email address you have provided to us. Additionally, we will notify the primary administrative contact at your school or district by email and telephone and assist with their efforts to ensure your notification.
LOG DATA AND COOKIES
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the application or webpage, we collect data and information called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
The information we collect using cookies and similar technologies is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable, but we may link it to personal information that you provide.
In respect to CritiColl LCC. fulfilling its obligations, users also agree to use our website and application only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the application.
Our system does not store any content that could potentially identify an individual. We have built our platform to aggregate and analyze data collected in real-time, without any biometric being saved.